Early Admit Rates for Class of 2024
January 21, 2020 by Ruchi S. Kothari
In today’s episode, I’m going to give you the lay of the land of college admissions, by discussing the results and trends of the Early Admit Rates for Class of 2024 so that you’re well aware of your chances of getting in your desired college, and what to expect in this highly competitive battlefield of college admissions. Don’t worry, we’re going to get through your college admissions journey together. Yes, we’re in it together. READ THE TRANSCRIPT
Listen to Podcast
As I discuss admissions rates, I’ll be pointing out the trends I see and how it may affect your college admissions strategy of which colleges to apply and when. That’s me hitting the bullseye, and I want this to be your takeaway from this episode: How will these trends affect your admissions strategy and what should you do to best leverage yourself and your application?
Analyzing the early admit rates for the Class of 2024 of the top colleges, I have created a table (see below) that shows 12 colleges, with their corresponding number of applicants, the number admitted and early admit rates for the Class of 2024. I will be talking about are Princeton, Harvard, Columbia, MIT, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Northwestern, Duke, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, and Georgetown. The numbers are still coming in for Columbia, Northwestern, Princeton and for many other colleges. For the purposes of this episode, this chart focuses on these twelve universities. Please feel free to analyze the specific numbers and trends between Class of 2024, 2023, and 2022, at your leisure. If you’re a little quirky like me, you might actually enjoy it! I sure did.
In this episode I highlight:
- Early admit results for Class of 2024, specifically talking about number of applications, number of students admitted and admit rate of these 12 highly-selective universities.
- A bonus for you– Download my free worksheet on Tips to change your deferral into admissions!
- Explain the five factors that may have impacted the early admissions process
- As the episode progresses, I give you four steps to take to create a successful admissions strategy that will enable you to best leverage yourself and your application.
Here’s a snapshot of a few things we talk about….
- [04:29] Subscriber spotlight shoutout
- [06:16] Today’s episode is sponsorship by www.ivyboundconsulting.com
- [09:00] Free download– Tips to change your deferral into admissions! IvyBound Sheet
- [11:25] Early admit results for Class of 2024
- [11:49] Early Admit Rates for 12 highly-selective colleges visual table
- [19:07] Five factors that impacted the early admissions process for the Class of 2024
- [19:18] #1. Unforeseen circumstances
- [20:01] #2. Playing it safe versus aiming for the long shot
- [21:04] #3. Students are more strategic on where to apply during the early round
- [22:46] #4. Institutional priorities
- [25:55] Admissions Tip
- [26:14] Contact me, Ruchi S. Kothari for guidance and support through your college admissions journey
- [27:20] #5. Tags/Hooks of Applications
- [27:37] Admissions secret
- [29:31] Admissions secret
- [31:53] Students of color
- [34:36] First generation applicants
- [34:58] Legacy
- [35:42] Admissions trick
- [39:00] Recruited athletes
- [39:36] International students
- [41:52] Four steps to take to create a successful admissions strategy that will enable you to best leverage yourself and your application
- [42:08] Step 1
- [42:50] Step 2
- [43:46] Step 3
- [44:12] Step 4
- [44:58] Ivybound Consulting students’ early admissions results for Class of 2024
- [46:13] Free gift for three subscribers!
- [47:16] Live Office Hours with Ruchi S. Kothari where I answer three real-time college admissions questions
- [47:29] Office Hour Question #1
- [48:37] Office Hour Question #2
I just know that you’re going to love this episode.
FREE GIFT for 3 Lucky subscribers -
2020-Year Wall Calendar.
- Subscribe to Be Collegebound with IvyBound series
- Screenshot yourself listening to this podcast or watching the YouTube video
- Share it on your stories along with your biggest takeaway
- Tag 3 friends
- And don’t forget to tag me with @ivyboundconsulting and #ivyboundconsultingpodcast or #ivyboundconsultingYouTubevideo.
- Jammal from Downers Grove, IL
- Francis from Basking Ridge, NJ
- Dana from Phoenix, AZ
- When is it better to apply early or to wait to apply during the regular round?
- When applying early, is it better to risk it and try for a high-reach school or play it safe, in hopes of getting in?
- How can I keep myself on track with all the things to think about, like my test schedule, academics, and extracurricular activities?
This episode is sponsored by
Today’s episode is sponsored by IvyBound Consulting, a college admissions company that I created with my life’s mission in mind– to help each and every student of mine to get admitted to the college of their dreams. You can say this is my calling, and I can’t even tell you the delight I feel when I hear about my students pursuing their interest, or excelling in their academic area, or better yet getting into the college of their choice.
You can say, anything and everything about education lights me up– from the quality and type of education, the comprehensiveness of curriculum, the best educators chosen, and the safety of our children have attracted me to this field. I am currently serving on my town’s Board of Education for the second term, I’m an alumni interviewer of Northwestern, and a member of the professional organization of Independent Educational Consultants of America.
As I bring massive clarity and integrity into the college admissions process, I have helped many high schoolers through their journey with the products and services offered at www.ivyboundconsulting.com. And, I hope to help countless more…
“Thank you Ruchi for making me think and then actually plan out all that I want to accomplish in my Junior year. Sitting down with my parents, I got them on-board. We, now have even planned my entire year planned out, including the two vacations to give me a breather in between my testing and school schedule. One of them is with the college visits we’ll be doing during spring break. I highly recommend all students to complete this exercise that Ruchi recommends, you’ll stay on track and you won’t feel the last minute panic when things aren’t done. I can’t wait to listen to more episodes so that I’m “Collegebound with IvyBound!”
-Sam from Houston, TX
Every other week I release an episode as a podcast. And the following week, the same episode as a YouTube video So I encourage you to go check it out if you need a visual example of the topic being discussed. You can find my YouTube channel by searching up Ivybound Consulting. Feel free to check out all of my podcasting videos. And, please don’t forget to subscribe to the Be CollegeBound with IvyBound podcast and YouTube series, and leave me a review in the comments. Thanks so much.
Join me for the next episode where I discuss the college admissions scandal, Varsity Blues, and Five Ways to Ethically Approach College Admissions.
Your college admissions journey is unique to your experiences and circumstances. Use your intelligence and your talent, and yes you have many of them, to make the best of your journey, so Make it your Own!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast, enable me to answer a burning college admissions question you may have, and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you! Be Collegebound with IvyBound!